Do I Need to Visit a Knee Doctor?
Aches and pains happen. This is particularly true when it comes to the knee – the largest and arguably most complex joint in the body. In most cases, knee pain can be resolved or effectively managed with self-care measures like cold therapy with an ice pack, rest, compression with a bandage, or over-the-counter pain medication. However, the expertise of a knee doctor is warranted in some cases.
So, how can you tell when it’s time to visit a knee doctor? Seek professional care if your pain:
- Is severe in nature or prevents you from putting weight on the affected leg
- Prevents you from performing simple tasks like walking up the stairs or standing up
- Does not improve with several days of self-care measures
- Makes it impossible to fully extend or flex your knee
- Is associated with a traumatic injury or physical disfigurement
- Is accompanies by swelling and redness
Knee pain treatment at Orthopaedic Specialists
If it’s time to consult a knee doctor, look no further than Orthopaedic Specialists in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Our team includes board-certified, fellowship-trained, and award-winning orthopaedic physicians who are renowned for their expertise and relied upon to educate other professionals. As our patient, you can be assured that you will receive the latest advancements in care, including precise diagnostics, and will enjoy personalized service throughout the treatment process.
Contact Orthopaedic Specialists today to schedule an appointment with a knee doctor at one of our multiple locations throughout Pittsburgh. You may also reserve an appointment online at your convenience.